31 ene 2014

Taller de álgebra (en Inglés)


Today I was thinking about my eight grade students and I came up with this workshop that I want to share with you... 

Algebra Reviewing
Workshop

Key concepts

Polynomial, Monomial, Binomial, Trinomial, Exponent, Coefficient, Constant, Degree of a polynomial, leading coefficient, like terms, Variable, Algebra, quotient, product.

Fill in the blanks with the correct concept...

1) A ________________________ is an algebraic expression that contains sums of variables with coefficients and exponents.

2) A ___________________ is a number that goes before a variable in an algebraic expression (like any polynomial).

3) The ________________________ of a polynomial is given by the term with the greatest exponent.

4) In an algebraic expression, the ___________________ are terms that contain the same variables raised to the same power. Only the numerical coefficients are different.

5) A __________________ is a polynomial that contains only one term (it can be a number or a variable with coefficient and exponent)

6) A _________________ is a polynomial that contains two terms.

7) An ________________ refers to the number of times a number is multiplied by itself.

8) A __________________ is a term in an algebraic expression that contains only numbers (without variables).

9) A _________________ in an algebraic expression is represented by letters. Those letters are actually numbers in disguise.

10) In a polynomial, the _________________________ is the coefficient of the term with the highest exponent (or highest degree).

 
Second Part: A letter puzzle

Find here some of the key concepts given.


             A  B  F  G  H  I  J  L  A  V  A  R  I  A  B  L  E  T  Y
         D  R  I  S  K A  E  T  L  M  O  P  E  Y  P  O  L  I  N  O  M
    T  O  P  R  E  A  S X  P  I  W  A  L  G  E  B  R  A  Y  R  E  S  T
U  I  E  D  X  P  R  U P  O  L Y  N  O  M  I  A  L W  E  R  T  U  V  Y
G P  O  U  I  R  E  T  O  N  E  J  A  I  L  P  R  O  D  U  C  T  U  Y  W
Y  E  A  T  E  R  A I  N  A  D  I  V  I  S  O  R  Y  U  R  E  W   B  E  P
F A L  C  A  O  C  O  E  F  F  I  C  I  E  N  T  O  T  P  O  R  S  I  P  E
X  E  R  T  I  A  S  E  N  O  T  Y  U  E  D  O  U  B  L  W  K    N  O  M
S  P  O  Y  U  S O  P  T  P  O  P  U  E  C  O  N  S  T  A  N  T  O  R  U
A  N  P  A  P  O  T I   L  A  E  M  L  I  K  E  T  E  R  M  S A  M  O  P  E
R  O  T  D  E  G  R  E  E  T  O  P  U  E  R  J  A  I  B  E  R  T  I  B  L  O 
E  R  Y  P O  M  O  N  T R  I  N  O  M  I  A  L  D  P  E  F  T  A  P  T  P 
R  Q  U  O  T  I  E  N  T  P  F  J  L  M  N  B  A  E  I  P  W  S  L  N  E  W
U  N  I  T  E  D  W  O  R  L  D  A  N D  P  E  A  C  E  W  E  R  T  V  A 
 

No hay comentarios: